Beef + Potato DIY (20 lb Recipe)
20 POUND RECIPE
|Ground Beef (80% lean meat / 20% fat)||10 lb|
|Russet Potato||9 lb|
|Pumpkin (can puree or whole)||
2 cans of pumpkin puree (15 oz can) or
30 oz whole pumpkin
|Beef Liver||¾ lb|
|Sunflower Oil||4 Tbsp|
|Flaxseed Oil or Fish Oil||2 Tbsp Flaxseed Oil or
1 Tbsp Fish Oil
|VitaMineral Mix (Yellow Kit)||½ Cup|
※All ingredients are measured raw/uncooked
- Thoroughly wash all vegetables.
- Cube white potato, roughly chop cauliflower and chop beef liver into bite sized pieces for your dog.
- If using whole pumpkin, remove stem, skin and seeds from the pumpkin. Cube into bite sized pieces for your dog.
- Verify the weight of each ingredient as some can be lost during preparation.
- Steam russet potato for 10 minutes or until tender. As an alternative, bake russet potato at 375º for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Larger pieces may need more time.
- If using whole pumpkin, steam for 15 minutes or until tender. As an alternative, bake pumpkin at 375º for 20 minutes or until tender. Larger pieces may need more time.
- Place ground beef and beef liver in a nonstick skillet. Brown on medium high heat, stirring frequently. While ground beef is still moderately pink, add cauliflower. Continue to cook until beef is fully cooked and cauliflower is soft. Do not drain.
- Let ingredients cool.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl including oils. Slowly sprinkle VitaMineral Mix as you mix thoroughly.
- Portion in appropriate sized containers for your dog. Food will stay fresh for 5 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
Substitutions not recommended. Even if your dog is familiar with our Beef + Potato diet, make sure to transition your dog if they have never been fed this DIY version. If you have any questions please call or e-mail.
305-505-5712 | firstname.lastname@example.org